Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 

Finally, Hello Again

First, a thank you to Puffy, Lasann and Nookie for reminding me that there is a bigger world out there than what I am dealing with. I have allowed my world to become bordered by the four walls of the house and have not been doing too much else. I am no longer driving, and find that even a trip to town for a few errands with a driver is so very tiring and then takes a day to get over. So in withdrawing, I allowed myself to become a little isolated and self centered. But now I am back.

Tell me—if you were on a liquid diet of Boost meal replacement, what food do you think you would miss the most? Oddly enough, I have had dreams of eating a roast chicken bun with lots of mayo. The other dream was chicken fingers and Caesar salad. Of all the foods out there, you would think I might dream of something fancier, but apparently not.

Oldest DD has moved three hours away with her boyfriend, and is taking courses to become a nurse. She seems happy, so it’s a good thing. She did take her little black cat with her at first, but being alone all day after 10 months of living with someone at home made him very lonely, on top of having to become an inside cat in the new place. So she decided Miles should come back to live with me and she would get a youngster who did not know the outside. I have to admit, I was glad to get the little beggar back home, and he seemed happy to be back.

DH called me from work this afternoon to say that where they are working in Calgary, there were some snow flakes drifting about. I’m thinking this is a little too early for me, but I’d better call the propane company and order the tank be filled.

I go to see my oncologist next Tuesday, so I guess I will find out how things are progressing at this point. I will try to update after to share my findings. Hope you are all well out there, and enjoy this great big beautiful world.

Comments:
*hugs* I miss you! I'm sorry you are still on the liquid diet. It makes me sad for you. I think I'd miss chicken the most, although not on a bun with mayo!

Glad you checked in and you have the kitty to keep you company.
 
*happy dance* Yay, you're back! At this point, I think I'd miss sweet things the most, but that's what I'm craving right now. And carbs, of course. I guess you can rotate the flavors of the Boost.

We're supposed to get some rain for a couple of days, which is unusual for us.

I'm glad you have your kitty back. It's wise for your daughter to just get a new one, instead of having to retrain one you already had.

Please keep posting and commenting when you can. We all really need you here in blogland!
 
*hug*

So glad you checked in.
 
Good to see you oot and aboot in blogland! I check in on you every so often for an update.

*smooches*
 
*HUGS* It's soooooooo good to see you Sez!

I would probably crave chicken and chocolate cake. I might even crave Kraft Dinner cause that's my comfort food.

I saw the weather map on CNN this morning and saw there were some flakes up in that area. *shiver* Much too soon for that!!

Glad you have the kitty to keep you company.

Thanks for connecting with us again. You've been missed.

*MORE HUGS*
 
*hugs*

So glad to see you here. We'd all gotten a bit worried about you. Don't leave us again, you hear me?
 
Heloooooooo Survey!

Thanks for checking in. You are an important part of blogland and things are off when you are gone!

I would definately miss cheeseburgers the most. I also wonder if all of us talking about this is making you drool?
 
Good to see you updating, hon.

*big hugs*

But please? Keep those snowflakes up your way, mmm-kay? :-)
 
But ladies, Sez has her bloggy blanket to keep her warm!
 
I'm happy to see you! *hugs and smooches*

I would probably miss cheese the most. And chocolate.
 
Thank-you for coming back to visit.

I would miss

cheese
wine
cheese
and
cheese
 
*hops up and down* I just posted today and asked if anyone had heard from you.

I'd miss hamburgers and donuts, not necessarily in that order.

Good to hear that DD is doing well. Glad you checked in.
 
I see you haven't posted in a while, but I've been away myself and am trying to make the rounds.

I hope things are mostly well with you and your family.
 
Yay! It's Sez!

I was getting a new left knee when this post went up, and then I wound up not being around for blog world much - but I'm back and so are you!

I would miss crunchy and chewy things. Fried chicken, big caesar salads with lots of croutons, potato chips (which I rarely eat - go figure) and moist, chewy brownies.

I'm glad your kitty is back. Kitties make good company, and they like to live where they grew up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?