Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

New Adventures of Old Surveysez

Well, Easter was definately not what I expected. We ended up having our dinner yesterday, Monday, after DH picked me up and brought me home from Calgary. It all started Friday, when I started to bleed from the throat. Not the most pleasant so Saturday we ended up at emergency, and, if you can believe it, they called the Stars Air Ambulance to take me to the city. Some kind of overkill, really, I thought. As a result I spent Sunday lying still for 3 and a half hours while an angioplasty was done on the bood vessels in my throat, basically tying off all the smaller ones so they can't do that again. At least the big vessel didn't seem to be involved, thank goodness. After those hours, because they go in through your artery in your groin, I had to then lay still for another four hours to allow the artery to seal. So it was a very quiet day.

I'm just so glad we have the level of medical treatment we do, and so very very glad to be home again.

Happy Easter

Comments:
Yikes! I could never lie still for that long!

I'm glad you got the care you needed.

*hugs*
 
Whoa, scarey stuff Survey! But you're right about being grateful for the good medical service.
*thinks grateful thoughts*

Happy Belated Easter!
 
OMG! Survey! How scary and painful and awful. I'm so glad all is taken care of now. And no, the Air Ambulance was NOT overkill.

*hugs*
 
*hugs* What a scary thing that must have been! I hope you are doing better. *more hugs*
 
I hope you're hugging your bloggy blanket right now. Thank goodness for good medical care! If you knew in advance that you were going to have a Monday Easter,you could have bought everything at 50-75% off on Monday! *smooch*
 
Glad all went well.

Did they put the big clamp on your artery in your groin? I hated that with my stint surgery. They kept yelling at me not to move but my leg had a mind of it's own.
 
eek.

I hope you got to watch tv
 
*shudder* Sounds horrible SS.

*BIG HUGS*
 
Just popping in to see how you are doing...hopefully no news is good news.
 
Let us know how you are...thinking of you.
 
Morning Survey...thinking about you and hoping all is well.

*hugs*
 
*HUGS* I miss you!
 
Just thinking of you. HOpe you are doing ok.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?