Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

Spring Update

I’m looking out the window. Does it look like spring to you? It looks like spring to me! If the inevitable happens and we get a spring snow storm, it won’t be so bad, cause IT’S SPRING!

Youngest DD and I spend an hour sitting on the side of the road waiting for AMA to show up. As we were driving home, I began to feel like my car was tilting to the right and, no sooner did I think that, than the right rear tire blew out. So I pulled over and debated the wisdom of getting out in the mud and changing the tire and decided a man in coveralls being paid to do it was the best option. There was hardly anything left of the tire, it was so shredded. Good thing I got the warranty protection when I bought this set as it only cost me $20 each for two new tires (the garage wanted to keep them in matched pairs) so the original $5 charge saved me another $80 per tire. Good deal.

The graduation dress for older DD arrived, and when she tried it on, I cried. She looks so grown and adult. Then she opened her mouth and ruined the whole effect. I will only have to do a minor adjustment on the top, once she gets the right bra to wear with it, so I am considering myself lucky.

I am tossing out some cans of cat food I had in the cupboard. They aren’t on the recall list, but they are one of the brands made by the company that has the bad food. The peace of mind is better if I just chuck it and stick to Meow Mix dry. No canned treats for them right now. I feel so bad for those folks who have lost their pets to this mess.

I hope you’re all well, and I am reading your blogs, just not commenting of late. Love to all.

Comments:
I feed my cat dry food, with 1/3 of a wet pouch every night as a treat. The code on the package was one number off from the tainted packages so I stopped giving them to her. It's very scary.

*looks forward to graduation pics*
 
Oh Puffy, that is scary. For something to happen to one of our little people in fur coats.
 
Hey Survey! What's the AMA? I hope your kitties all stay okay. The news said symptoms may not show up right away. What a mess this is!

I hope we'll see pictures of your DD in her dress! I'm sure she'll look beautiful. Then we can all cry with you.

Spring is trying very very hard to come here too. I have some old snow in the shade and I sincerely hope that we don't get an April Fool's for real snowstorm. I hate those!
 
I'm always undecided about purchasing warranties. I did get one on my laptop and have used it twice for major repairs.

LOL at DD opening her mouth!

I just lost a cat and wondered if it was the food. I only use wet occasionally. I'm now thinking it was Leukemia.

Yeah for spring!
 
Hey Swami & Lasann. Good to see you. AMA is the Alberta Motor Association and for a mere 60 per year I get five calls. Can be for tires, out of gas, or a tow to the nearest town. Just a peace of mind thing.
 
Hi Survey! Glad your tire problem was an easy, cheap fix.

LOL at your daughter opening her mouth and ruining the moment. Teenagers have a way of doing that.

We changed our kitties from Nutro dry to Felidae yesterday. Peeps are starting to report problems with Nutro and IAMS dry, and our oldest kitty is strangely sick (vet has no idea what the problem is), so better safe than sorry.
 
*waves* So nice to see you Sez!

Yay for the grad dress. Hope you post pics.

I'm a wreck these days over the pet food recall. I'm so fortunate that none of my babies have been sick yet but with the food running out, I'm just not sure what brand to buy. I'm thinking of going with Natural Balance or some organic good.

*HUGS*
 
Ack! Problems with Iams dry? And cats are such fussy eaters anyway, there are probably thousands of cats out there in a tiff because their food has been changed. My Cleo threw up for the first time ever last night.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?